Shop Adventure 16 today
Why Shop at A16?
Entering an Adventure 16 store is like visiting a backwoods cabin, with great resources for finding ideas on adventures, custom boot or pack fitting, or just hanging out over a cup of coffee, swapping stories on favorite trails.
- Authentic, high quality gear from the best brands around
- Locally headquartered right here in So Cal 56 years ago
- Tried & true outdoor specialty shop for mountaineering, backpacking, hiking, climbing & adventure travel
- Expert advice on gear & where to go – including our favorite secret spots!
- Highly-skilled, employee owners who really know their stuff
- Customized boot & pack fitting by experts
- Try on boots & clothes, see how they fit – get advice on what you really need, or don’t need, for your specific adventure. (We always start by finding out what you already have – and suggesting sale pieces, which saves you money!)
- Generous return policy (without those pesky shipping fees & wait time!)
- WE PRICE MATCH any exact product from any of our legitimate competitors.
"I love this store! I love the cabin-like feel, I love the vibe of the staff, I love the complementary coffee/cider, I love the merchandise. This is the best gift store for any occasion ! There really is something for everyone at every price point! Not only for your outdoorsy friends, but also for the ones who aspire to be or think they are. I've been shopping here for 20 years now (and have also taken classes). It's so much more than a store! It's establishments like this that make a community, well, a community."
~Crystal Us Google Review
"I love this store. Everything seems to be intentionally handpicked. If you are at all into the outdoors, they have just about everything. Rock climbing shoes, quality outdoor gear, sleeping bags, Etc. Left with a osprey hiking backpack for a great price! All with knowledgeable friendly staff. Thank you Adventure 16!"
~Kathryne Palacios Google Review
Where To Go Inspiration
Best Northern California Backcountry Huts: 5 Must-See Ski-in Cabins of the Sierra
48 Hours of Adventure in South Lake Tahoe - Part 1
Southern California Snowshoe Destinations
5 Fantastic Ways to Enjoy Yosemite in Winter